Bringing Families Together And Building Futures To Live In The US

Home K U.S. Temporary Visas And Admissibility Issues

Overcoming Obstacles To U.S. Admissibility

If you are planning to travel to the United States for leisure or business, you will most likely need a temporary visa. Likewise, if you are student planning to study here, you will need a student visa. At the Law Offices of Hans Burgos, we have helped many prospective students and visitors acquire their necessary travel documents to enter the United States legally.

With extensive legal experience, we understand complex U.S. immigration laws and the difficult hurdles that foreign nationals must overcome. From completing your application form to dealing with immigration officials and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), we know how to help you reach your goals.

When Do You Need A Temporary Visa?

Nonimmigrant visas come in many varieties for those wishing to visit, study or do business in the U.S. If you are a student planning to attend school temporarily in the United States, you must acquire a student F or M visa before commencing your program.

If you plan to participate in business activities of a commercial or professional nature, you should apply for a B-1 or B-2 visa. Permissible business activities under a B-1 temporary business visitor visa include:

  • Consulting with business associates
  • Traveling for a convention or conference
  • Negotiating a deal
  • Participating in short-term training

Note that foreign nationals from certain countries may travel to the United States temporarily for leisure or business without first acquiring a visa under the Visa Waiver Program. When we review your case, we can let you know what the requirements are for your particular situation.

Waivers For Past Immigration Violations

If you are a foreign national who has committed a U.S. immigration violation in the past, you may face a refusal of admission. In such a case, you will need to request an immigration waiver of inadmissibility to obtain admission into the United States or any other immigration benefit. Common immigration violations include:

  • Staying beyond the expiration of your visa
  • Entering the U.S. without inspection
  • Working in the U.S. without valid employment authorization
  • Being convicted of certain crimes

Likewise, if you have been ordered removed or deported from the United States, you may need an immigration waiver to reenter the country legally. At the Law Offices of Hans Burgos we pride ourselves on successfully obtaining waivers for our clients with past immigration violations who wish to temporarily visit or permanently reside in the United States.

Find Out More Today

The experience of any attorney can make all the difference in an immigration case. We know the laws and the various government agencies. We can guide you through the various processes with the skill needed to achieve your legal and personal goals.

Find out how we can help you with your immigration matter by scheduling an initial consultation with a lawyer. You can call our office at 305-442-1240 or send us a message online. We represent clients throughout Florida and nationwide from our Miami office.