Bringing Families Together And Building Futures To Live In The US

Home K Nonimmigrant Employment-Based Visas

Achieving Your Goal Of Employment In The U.S.

If you are a foreign national wishing to work in the United States legally, you can do so by obtaining a valid work visa or employment authorization document. Under current U.S. immigration laws, there are over 20 classifications of employment-based visas, which foreigners can apply for through U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) in the United States or through a U.S. consulate abroad. Employment-based visas can be issued for a temporary period or on a permanent basis, depending on the classification you seek.

At the Law Offices of Hans Burgos, we have extensive legal experience helping clients from all over the world find solutions to their immigration cases. We believe in providing personalized service to each client so that you can achieve your goals for employment in the U.S.

What Is The Right Classification For You?

The best employment-based classification for you will depend on various factors, including the scope of your potential employment, job offers, professional experiences, educational background and achievements in your industry. Whether you wish to work in the U.S. on a temporary or permanent basis will also affect your path. A temporary nonimmigrant visa will only allow you nonimmigrant status, whereas certain immigrant visas can put you on a path to becoming a permanent resident.

Each classification of employment-based visas has specific requirements, which are established by providing evidence and documentation and sometimes even a visa interview. Some of the visa options include:

  • Temporary visitor visas (B-1, B-2) – Issued to a foreign business visitor entering the United States to engage in a business activity incidental to overseas employment or to foreign tourists entering the United States for leisure
  • Investor and trader visas (E-1, E-2) – Issued to foreign business owners, managers or employees who need to remain in the U.S. to oversee a substantial investment or work in an enterprise engaged in substantial trade between the U.S. and a foreign state.
  • Temporary worker visas (H-1B, H-2A, H-2B) – Issued to foreign nationals who are either members of certain professions or are skilled or unskilled foreign workers in nonagricultural or agricultural positions for which there are no qualified U.S. workers available
  • Temporary labor certifications – Process by which the U.S. Department of Labor certifies that there are no qualified U.S. workers willing and available to do particular temporary work in the U.S. before approving H2-A or H-2B visas
  • Executives and managers of multinational companies visas (L-1A, L-1B) – Issued to foreign nationals who are managers, executives or employees with specialized knowledge of an international company doing business in the United States
  • People of extraordinary ability visas (O-1A, O-1B) – Issued to foreign nationals of extraordinary ability in the sciences, the arts, education, business or athletics
  • Athletes and entertainers (P-1A, P-1B, P-2, P-3) – Issued to foreign entertainers or athletes who cannot qualify under the “extraordinary ability” standard for the O category

In many cases, the employer has the responsibility to initiate the visa application process. When you work with us, a team of licensed attorneys and legal professionals, we promise to put our best efforts forward to ensure that you acquire your desired employment-based visa.

Discuss Your Goals With Us

Your goals are our goals, and we can help you reach them through our diligent and detail-oriented approach. You can discuss your case with one of us in an initial consultation for $150.

To schedule your appointment with a lawyer, call 305-442-1240 or reach out to us online. We are based in Miami, but we represent cases throughout Florida and nationwide, including Puerto Rico. Se habla español.