Aggressive Advocates For Deportation Defense
If you or a loved one is facing removal proceedings and deportation from the United States, you must act fast to protect your legal rights. We are experienced attorneys at the Law Offices of Hans Burgos, and we have the skills and knowledge you need during this process. We represent people throughout Florida and nationally.
If U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) or another agency has targeted you for an immigration violation in the past, then you may be subject to removal or deportation from the country. Common immigration violations that often result in immigration proceedings include entering the United States without inspection, overstaying your U.S. visa, being convicted of certain crimes and committing fraud to obtain a visa or immigration benefit. We can help you fight your case if you find yourself in removal proceedings.
Seeking Asylum Or An Alternative Form Of Protected Status
We are lawyers who have experience defending foreign nationals before the Executive Office for Immigration Review and the Board of Immigration Appeals. Cases usually fall into two categories: immigration bond proceedings or deportation and removal proceedings.
We represent foreign nationals detained by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in immigration bond proceedings for the purpose of obtaining their release from custody. This includes the preparation of motions for bond redetermination and requests for humanitarian parole.
We also represent foreign nationals in proceedings conducted before immigration courts (immigration judges) in the United States. Our goal is to always deliver exceptional individualized legal representation and strategic defenses to those who are lawful permanent residents as well as those who are in this country illegally and facing the prospect of being forcibly removed/deported to their countries of origin. Whether you qualify for relief from removal or believe you were wrongly placed in removal proceedings, we will fight to win your case.
Representation Before ICE And The Immigration Court
ICE is the federal administrative agency that has the authority to charge and detain foreign nationals who may have committed immigration violations. ICE has the discretion to release detained individuals, even when there is an immigration detainer in the case.
Likewise, ICE is also the federal agency that processes deportations once the court issues a final order of removal. In this scenario, ICE has the discretion to defer a foreign national’s removal from the United States when there are compelling circumstances or when the foreign national is currently seeking to remedy their legal status in the United States.
At the Law Offices of Hans Burgos, we assist clients in defending themselves against deportation using the following legal options:
- Asylum – We represent foreign nationals on applications for asylum before the DHS and in immigration courts (immigration judges) in the United States. We assist them in seeking refugee status, withholding of removal/deportation and, in exceptional cases, protection under the Convention Against Torture treaty.
- Adjustment of status – We represent foreign nationals on applications for adjustment of status before the DHS and immigration judges in the U.S. We help them seek a change of their immigration status to that of lawful permanent residents in this country.
- Immigration waivers – We represent foreign nationals on applications for waivers (of grounds that would otherwise render them inadmissible in this country) before the DHS and immigration judges in the United States. We assist them in seeking to defend and preserve or obtain their lawful permanent residence in this country.
- Cancellation of removal for residents – We represent foreign nationals on applications for cancellation of removal before immigration judges in the United States when they are permanent residents and/or non-permanent residents (having accrued 10 years of physical presence) seeking to defend and preserve or obtain their lawful permanent residence in this country.
- Immigration appeals – We represent foreign nationals on appeals to the Board of Immigration Appeals and the Administrative Appeals Office from decisions rendered by the DHS and immigration judges in the United States. We help them seek the reversals of decisions and orders adversely affecting them.
- Motions to reopen – We represent foreign nationals on motions to reopen cases before the DHS and immigration judges in the United States. We assist them in seeking to set aside decisions and/or orders of removal/deportation that bars them from obtaining lawful permanent residence in this country.
At the Law Offices of Hans Burgos, we have experience negotiating with ICE to release detained individuals. Likewise, we have successfully helped numerous individuals legally remain in the United States despite their orders of removal.
We Are Here To Help
We will evaluate all aspects of your case to develop a strategic, viable plan that protects your rights and your future. To learn more, schedule an initial consultation for $150. You can reach out to us online or call our office in Miami at 305-442-1240.